We are incredibly passionate about what we do!
We work with each other and our young people within a supported environment in a kind and caring manner, across all 3 of our sites in Dumfries, Stranraer and Castle Douglas. Though each site offers a slightly different range of activities they all operate and offer the same person-centered experience.
Our Unique Selling Points:
We ensure that the needs and wishes of our young people are at the heart of everything we do, and all our programmes start with them.
- We build upon our young people’s existing skills and attributes rather than focusing on a career area.
- Our programme is not time limited – enabling each young person the time and support they need to achieve their ‘best’ outcome.
- Our programme is flexible and able to be guided by the needs of the young individual.
- Our programme is ‘individualised’ for each young person – if necessary can be completely ‘bespoke’ to the individual.
- Young people can choose to attend the elements of the Programme which they need to achieve their ‘next steps’.
- Young people can continue to receive the level of support they need even when they have moved on to their ‘next steps’ eg taking up a College place.
Better Lives Partnership was set up in 2016 with the expressed aim of delivering and improving the services available for autistic children and young people and those affected by additional barriers, their families and carers, and those who support them.
In our locations, we run a variety of short-courses through our Bridge 2 Employment and Community Skills programmes. These projects help our young people develop employment opportunities, skills, their creativity and support their well-being.